Looking For A Free Essay Proofreading Service: 5 Tips To Keep In Mind
If you're looking for a free essay proofreading service, you can easily find something like this online. There are actually plenty of people, ranging from other students to full-time professional writers, who are actually willing to proofread your essay for free. This service can be incredibly valuable for many high school and college students. If you're not the best writer in the world, it might not be a good idea to proofread your own paper. Your teachers and professors are too busy to look at anything but the final draft you turn in. If you can't find a peer with a knack for language who can take a look at your rough draft, then a free essay proofreading service might be the perfect solution.
Here are five tips to keep in mind as you look for someone to proofread your paper:
- "Proofreading" isn't the same as "editing." Proofreading and editing aren't quite the same thing. Most of the time, however, proofreading is more important. This is especially true if your paper isn't for an English composition class. When it comes to your history, social science, and science classes, the content is more important than the quality of the prose. With that said, however, your teacher or professor will probably still deduct points for spelling errors and grammatical errors. Proofreading catches these kinds of errors, whereas "editing" is a more intensive process that approaches the flow and clarity of your prose. In most cases, a free essay proofreading service is all you'll really need.
- Even after your essay has been proofread, you might not get an A. Proofreading is extremely important if you want to get the highest grade possible. Nothing is more frustrating than losing points on a perfectly good essay, just because of a few misspelled words or misplaced commas. However, it's important to understand that even when the spelling and grammar are fixed, you might not have an A paper. That usually depends on the essay's content.
- If you're not good with grammar and spelling, don't dwell on it as you're writing your essay. Don't worry about grammar during the writing process. All it does is distract you from what's important: the actual content of the paper. Your proofreader will take care of your mistakes for you. Don't let it bother you while you're trying to write.
- When you receive your corrected paper, take a look at what the proofreader corrected. This can help you avoid making similar mistakes in the future.
- Make sure you find a reputable site. Take a look at some online reviews before you decide to submit your paper for free proofreading. With that said, most companies that offer this service do good work. Free proofreading is worth it, since it helps make sure your paper is the best it can possibly be.