Where to get good sources for research papers
Research papers are never an assignment that a student looks forward to completing, but it is an assignment that must be done at one point in time or another. When the time comes to complete the research paper it is important that you focus yourself on the paper rather than throw your hands in the air and assume that your college life is over. It really isn't that difficult to write the paper if you're equipped with the right information.
Your Sources of Information
Finding the sources to use to write the paper is one of the biggest pieces of the research paper writing puzzle. There seems to be many different sources that are available, but these are not all sources that you want to use. Using sources that are not credible can do great damage to your report and cause it to look unprofessional.
The web is a great place to look to find the information that you need, and while it may seem as if this is the wrong place, there are actually many different sources online which are credible and trustworthy. Take a look at some of the sources that you can find to conduct your research:
- Use a search engine such as Google to find your researches. Google Scholar is one of the tools that you can use, and this is a very credible site.
- You want to avoid sites like Wikipedia. Although these kinds of sites usually provide useful information it is not always accurate and it is certainly not credible.
- Use educational websites to gather the information that you need.
- Databases of scholarly works are also available ( other than Google) are also available and a terrific source of information.
- Online newspapers and history organizations are also great places to start to gather your information.
How to Determine a Credible Source
Even with the information above it can still be hard for many people to determine whether they are using a credible source. When you are accessing information there are a few signs that the site or source that you are using is one that is credible. Who is the author of the paper? It should always be an expert article writer that you trust for your information. The purpose of the paper should also be outlined. What do other people have to say about the source? This is another good way to determine if it is credible or not.