Academic Homework Help - How to Improve Your Grammar
If you duck when someone shouts watch out for that dangling participle then you may just need some help improving your grammar. There are many nuances in the English language that make things tough on even native speakers. So just how do you go about improving your grammar? It is not always easy to do but here is check list that may help:
- Buy a book on grammar. These are readily available in most book stores. If your funds are low then visit your university library or local library and check one out. Having one of these by you when you write is almost a necessity.
- Hire a tutor or homework assistant. These can prove invaluable in raising your awareness of how grammar is used. Once again if funds are a problem then maybe just hiring one to check your completed work will be enough.
- Some universities offer remedial classes on English for free to enrolled students. Sit in on a session and see if it helps.
- Buy writing textbooks from an English learning section in the book store. Many of these have helpful practice exercises in them and when combined with the answers in the back can be a very useful grammar learning tool.
- Print out a chart of grammar rules and put it on the wall next to your desk. A good quick reference always comes in handy and the more you use it the more you will learn.
- Have a classmate who you consider good at writing check your work. Pay close attention and learn as they point out your mistakes.
- Make a game out of grammar rules on index cards and play with your friends. It is a proven fact you learn more when you are having fun.
- Find a grammar checker on-line. They are readily available and usually free. You can also find many other ways on how to improve grammar by searching on-line.
This list is a start to getting you on your way to improving grammar but having the tools to help does nothing unless you use them. If you are worried about your grammar then take a little time each day to work on it. Soon the rules will become second nature and your writing will be much better because of it.